Need to bring allergen-free treats to a party? Thanks for accommodating the food-allergy kids in your life! Here are some ideas:
1) We bake our cakes with Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free chocolate cake mix, rice milk instead of cow’s milk, and flaxseed + water instead of eggs. God bless 2014 and our advancements in the food allergy space, because this cake is actually pretty darn tasty.
2) There are allergen-free bakeries out there; you just need to find them. Izzi B’s will ship allergen-free cookies all over the US.
3) Fruit is fantastic. You could channel your inner Pinterest and make fruit kebabs or just slice a bunch up and throw it in a bowl.
4) Does it have to be something edible? What about bringing in toys, bookmarks, teeny notebooks with crayon packs, or stickers?
5) Snackimals by Barbara’s Bakery are free of gluten, dairy, eggs, nuts, wheat, soy, and sesame. And they’re super tasty.
6) Enjoy Life Soft Baked cookies are also a hit.
7) Do you have a Trader Joe’s near you? We pick up their snickerdoodles as a treat. They’re free of all of the main allergens.
8) Enjoy Life Crunchy Cookies are great, too. Really, Enjoy Life has a ton of fantastic products, including allergen free chocolate chips if you want to bake on your own.
(Got any to add? I’ll continue to update this post as we find more allergen-free treats to share.)