Roo and I spent Monday at the Summer Fancy Food Show in New York City this week. As per usual, we were mildly overwhelmed and wished we planned for a second day (2,500 exhibitors is intense guys). We chatted with dozens of fantastic brands (and munched on a lot of delicious food) so we thought we would share some of our favorites here with you all!
PS – This is in no specific order. We actually recommend you try all of them. :) Keep in mind that these are not all allergy-friendly! We tried to highlight the ones that are, but as always, please read labels.
1. Tipsy Scoop: “Tipsy Scoop blends the magic of an artisanal, hand-crafted ice cream with the mastery of a perfectly mixed cocktail.” And, if we do say so ourselves, they do an excellent job! Roo tried the Chocolate Whiskey Salted Caramel flavor and I went with the Raspberry Limoncello Sorbet (dairy-free). They were both outstanding AND they will ship to you! Perfect treat for your next stay-in date night after the kids head to bed.
2. Sweet Note Bagels: Families with food allergies need to check these out!!! We tried the everything and plain bagel flavors, they are top-8 allergen free and seriously delicious. “Sweet Note Bakery’s vision is to make gluten-free options more accessible. I watch my families’ struggles of trying to decide where to eat, whether to bring their own food out or even worse not eat gluten-free for that meal. It can be isolating to not be able to enjoy a meal out with friends and family. So I want to change that, one gluten-free bagel at a time.”
3. Milton’s Gluten Free Crackers: These crispy crackers were one of our favorites. They are gluten free, peanut free and tree nut free! We also got to taste test (shhhhhh….) a new chip that is hitting store shelves soon which was also fantastic! “We look forward to being a part of your family every day by supporting your healthy living choices and fulfilling your desire for wholesome and delicious food. Our customers tell us we make the best foods they have ever tasted. We hope you agree.”
4. Coconut Bliss: This may be my personal favorite from the show. Hands down one of the best dairy-free ice creams I have ever tasted! We sampled the Naked Coconut and Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge flavors and may or may not have contemplated doing another few loops to see if they recognized us as we tried every other kind in the freezer. All their flavors are organic and dairy-free.
5. That’s It.: These are some of Roo’s kids favorite snacks! The perfect bar for so many kids with food allergies since they literally contain only two ingredients per bar! “Ingredient lists have never been this simple and this clean until now. We use only natural, non-GMO fruit and nothing else. Our goal is to make it convenient for people to get their “2-a-day.” That means that you get 2 whole servings of fruit from just one That’s It. bar. With taste, convenience and portion control, That’s It. has raised the bar on fruit.”
6. Health Warrior: These chia bars are a great option for someone who is looking for a better source of protein! “Somewhere along the way, the American food system began to move backward. Food became cheaper, but emptier. The calorie count went up, but the nutrition density sank. We believe packaged food (more than 70% of the American diet) doesn’t have to be junk food and we’re here to help right the course. “
7. LifeIce: “With a texture most similar to mini-popsicles, our Cubettes have been specially formulated with a variety of premium ingredients. By blending a power base of coconut water with exciting combinations of unique Superfoods & everyday health boosters, LifeIce is an innovative frozen treat available in four vibrant, distinct & delicious flavors.” Also, besides all containing coconut water, they are an allergen-free treat the whole family will love!
8. Sunbutter: We know we’ve talked about them before, but we couldn’t let another opportunity go buy without mentioning our love for this sunflower seed spread! “SunButter Sunflower Spread is a delicious peanut free and tree nut free alternative to peanut butter. Perfect for people with peanut and tree nut allergies!”
9. Wtrmln Water: A naturally sweet, hydrating, nutrient dense drink that will become one of your new favorites this summer! “A Hydration Sensation Spreading Love to the Nation. Each melon is conscientiously grown, non-GMO, hand skinned, cold pressed, tenderly loved.”
10. McCrea’s: Handcrafted, slow cooked caramels that were beyond amazing. SO many incredible flavors to choose from! “No chemicals, no corn syrup, no compromise”.
11. HannahMax: These Cookie Chips though. Words don’t do justice how good they were. I say “they” because we might have tried every kind. Ehem. Anyway. They have recently started offering gluten-free options as well! “Our Cookie Chips taste so delectable because they are made with only the finest, all-natural ingredients, such as milled cane sugar, creamery butter, cage-free eggs, and pure bourbon vanilla. Just as important as what we put in is what we leave out. Cookie Chips never contain trans fats, added hormones, GMOs, preservatives, artificial flavors or colors.”
12. Mama Chia: “The Mamma Chia Mission is to share the magic of chia and lead in its renaissance. We are dedicated to offering the highest quality organic chia-based foods and beverages that provide vitality, energy and strength.” We didn’t have a chance to taste their drinks, but I tried a couple of their granola flavors and they were definitely something I am going to look for next time I’m at my local Target!
13. Enlightened: Before you ask what they are (because most people wouldn’t jump at the chance to eat fava beans), just try these crunchy, all natural snacks. We sampled the sea salt flavor and have a pack of sriracha to try here at home! They are high in protein, allergen-free and a low calorie, low sugar option for everyone! “We are excited to introduce a new line of crunchy and savory snacks – ENLIGHTENED Crisps. Made from roasted broad beans, a true superfood, ENLIGHTENED Crisps are a fantastic anytime snack. Whether you’re craving sweet, salty, or (like us) both, we’ve got you covered.”
14. Kolat: “a nutrient-rich tasty treat that that can be seamlessly incorporated into your hectic routine. We simply pack a lot more nutrition into our healthy blend of fruit, nuts & spices, naturally full of antioxidants, essential minerals, healthy fats, and phytonutrients. We then add 50% of the Recommended Daily Value of vitamins per serving, so that your mind & body can thrive!” A line of nut butters that you can feel good about feeding your family! Sunflower, almond and cashew with delicious fruit, chocolate and espresso flavors!
15. Banza: Gluten-free, high protein and high fiber. I can genuinely say that this is my favorite gluten-free pasta option and something you should DEFINITELY try! Look for more on Scratch or Sniff about Banza as we will be featuring them in a recipe soon! “Chickpeas are the perfect food. So we figured we’d make the perfect pasta. One that’s delicious and surprisingly nutritious. Banza: changing pasta forever, for the better.”