If you’ve ever made homemade brownies, you know that they are never that gooey, fudgy texture that everyone loves (well, maybe not everyone but, you know, us fudge loving peeps at least!) They always come out cake-like. If I wanted chocolate cake, I’d make cake. When I want something rich and gooey, I go for the brownie.
Well, we have the perfect homemade fudgy brownie recipe that is also free of the top eight allergens!
You’ll want to eat the whole pan all to yourself but these are great for sharing with the kiddos because they’re a “better for you” brownie that you can feel good about giving to them when they want a treat (which, if they are like my kids, is all the time…)
You probably have most of these ingredients already in your pantry so these are a great last minute dessert to make for company or if you are like me and get a sweet tooth after dinner (every. single. night.) They’re the perfect, guilt-free indulgence!
- ⅔ cup honey
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup gluten-free oat flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg equivalent chia seed replacement (1tbsp ground chia seeds and 3tbsp water mixed and let sit for 5 mins) **you could also use flax seed here
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup of your favorite dairy free chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly oil 8x8 pan and set aside.
- Microwave honey until liquid and bubbly (approx 45-60seconds.) Add the cocoa and stir with a fork until blended. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, add the oat flour, salt, baking soda and powder. Whisk together until combined.
- In a large bowl, mix the applesauce, oil, gelled chia, and vanilla. Stir until blended. Add the honey mixture and stir until smooth, then add the flour mixture and stir well till no lumps remain. I add the chips last and give it a quick stir.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes. Let cool before slicing. (Brownie slicing trick. Use a plastic knife. For some reason it slides through the brownie better!) Enjoy!