Rosemary crackers (free of the top eight allergens) with a crunch of poppy seeds. I created this recipe after making the Healthy and Delicious Tuna Salad posted earlier. Tuna is amazing (especially with all the fresh herbs and balsamic), but I personally need to eat my tuna with something crunchy. I tried it as a lettuce wrap for lunch, and it was really good, but I wasn’t convinced. After an unsuccessful cabinet sweep for anything that sounded more appealing to pair with it, a decision was made to create a cracker. There was a problem. I don’t eat gluten anymore. Mission? Bake a yummy gluten-free cracker. Result? This FANTASTIC crispy, yummy, rosemary CRACKER! It is super crunchy because of the poppy seeds, a little bit salty, has loads of rosemary (which I love) and the slightest spice of fresh cracked pepper. It was made to be topped with the tuna salad, but that’s only the beginning of the possibilities! Hummus, guacamole, cheese (if you can eat dairy) and so many more options. Hope you enjoy these allergen free crackers as much as my family did!
- 1¾ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons dry rosemary
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 450. Combine flour, salt, baking powder, rosemary, poppy seeds and pepper in a bowl. Add the olive oil then slowly stir in the water one tablespoon at a time. You shouldn’t need all of the water in your measuring cup! Stir together until it forms an ever-so-slightly sticky dough. Form a ball, knead a few times to be sure all ingredients are well combined then place on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. Either sprinkle with a little gluten-free flour or place another sheet of parchment paper and roll out to approximately ⅛ of an inch thickness. Remove top parchment paper, cut to desired cracker size with a pizza cutter then place in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Watch for the edges browning to know when finished. Remove from oven and enjoy as soon as it is physically possible to eat without burning your mouth!