About five months ago, I got a hankering for a new handbag (read: the bag I’d been carrying for a year was falling apart). I’m pretty picky about the bags I buy because I usually buy one and then keep it until it’s ready for burial.
So, I spent months looking for that perfect bag. You know, the one that sits on your shoulder just right—not too high, not too low. The one that has enough room and enough pockets to stow all the stuff, but not so big that you break your back or have a hard time maneuvering the small aisles at the grocery store. A bag with easy access to the money and the phone for you, but zips up so that it’s not easy access for the pickpockets.
It took a while, but, I found it! Lily Jade sent me a bag to try, and I’m sharing my unconventional handbag with you to save you the angst of looking for the best rockin’ mom-bag in the country. For I have fallen deeply in love with my Cailin bag.
When I opened it up, all I could see was the glorious mass of *pockets*–I may have even squealed a bit (OK, a lot). It has room for everything and yet is super-sleek and easy to carry. It’s all I’ve ever wanted and more. And although it’s sold as a diaper bag and we are far beyond our diaper years, I will carry this bag to its grave.
It’s got an easy-to-clean (and therefore won’t stain) nylon fabric, making it a great bag to hit the pool with. It’s stylish enough that I can take it out with me (and I HAVE). But, the biggest plus is this:
I can carry my water bottle in it, bend over to pick up anything on the ground (I get dropsy at times), and my water bottle stays in the pocket! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve bent over to pick something up just to have my water bottle fall out, open up and spill all over everything. My life is forever changed.
1. Of course all of the ever-present allergy/asthma meds–2 Auvi-Q epinephrine auto-injectors (LOVE more than life itself), 2 blister packs of Children’s Benadryl (Miss those? Walgreen’s carries them now here), one Pro-Air inhaler, and our spacer.
2. Wet Ones for… well, everything.
3. Sudafed for me (it’s allergy season).
4. Cleanwell natural hand sanitizer.
5. Burt’s Bees travel bag with hand salve and lip balm.
6. A Pilot Precise Grip Extra Fine Point Pen (LOOOOOVE).
7. Pencil with a pipe cleaner wrapped around it…because I’m a mom.
8. Other miscellaneous stuff: lip gloss, hairbrush, contact lens refresher drops.
Would you like to win a Lily Jade bag? Scratch or Sniff teamed up with Semiproper to do a giveaway (check out Roo’s review of the Caroline bag). We’re giving away a Lily Jade bag of your choosing. Enter here!:
Disclosure: I received a Lily Jade bag for review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. — Tiffany
No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of the US and Canada, ages 18 or older. Sweepstakes ends 12:00am EST on September 10, 2014. Employees/contractors of Scratch or Sniff are not eligible. Void where prohibited. Please allow 3 weeks for delivery after contest has ended.